I have been wanting to research more about Claims Based Authentication in SharePoint 2010 so was looking to find some resources. Foruntately it seems that there has already been quite a lot of research by the community into this with some fantastic articles (and even series of articles) been posted which have really helped me along.
So here are some links that I have found incredibly useful:
- Writing a custom claims provider for SharePoint 2010: Great 4 part series all about developing your own provider. Found this incredibly useful in understanding some of the lower level development components needed to implement Claims
- Ten Part SharePoint Claims Based Authentication Series: Whoever took the time to do this should be knighted. Terrific set of articles that covers not only what claims are from a .NET perspective but also how they apply to SharePoint 2010.
- Introduction to Claims Based Authentication in SharePoint 2010 in plain English: Great one page summary of claims and SharePoint.
- Configuring Claims Based Authentication for SharePoint 2010: Tech Net article for how configure claims authentication
- SharePoint SPIdentity Team Blog: Office blog of the SPIdentity team that will keep adding articles about all identity related stuff
- Plan for Claims Based Authentication: Another Tech Net article detailing the planning necessary for claims authentication
- Claims Based Identity and Access Control Guide: From the Patterns and Practices team from Microsoft comes
- Federated Authentication and Authorization with Sharepoint 2010 and ADFS: Great video overview